I am always happy to hear from current undergraduates and recent graduates who are considering a PhD study or would want to join my lab as a research assistant. Please have a look at my research interests and publications for an indication of potential areas of interest.
Currently we have the following job opening:
Postdoctoral research fellow
Applications are invited for a full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellow position to work at the Centre for Human Brain Health, University of Birmingham. The successful candidate will work on a 3-year ESRC funded project aimed at studying the effect of individual differences in bilingual experience on cognitive control networks. This will be done under supervision of Dr. Andrea Krott (Principal Investigator), Dr. Katrien Segaert and Dr. Ali Mazaheri (Co-Investigators). The project will use a multimodal approach to provide a systematic investigation into the effects of bilingual key characteristics (e.g. second language proficiency, age of second language acquisition) on executive control behaviour as well as the underlying brain differences.
The candidate will be making use of facilities of the new Centre for Human Brain Health at the University of Birmingham, which will open in October this year, including state-of-the-art EEG facilities, 3T MRI scanner, and combined EEG-MRI facilities. The candidate will be involved in all stages of designing and conducting experiments, as well as analysing behavioural, questionnaire, EEG and (f)MRI data. The candidate will be expected to prepare the results for and contribute to high quality academic publications, to present at national and international academic conferences, and engage in public engagement activities. Furthermore, the candidate will take part in supervision of research assistants and students, and be an active member of the Centre for Human Brain Health and the Language, Interaction, and Social Cognition theme group of the School of Psychology.
• A PhD degree in area of cognitive neuroscience, biology, or psychology
• Expertise in EEG data acquisition and/or (f)MRI data acquisition
• Good programming skills, ideally in Matlab
• Experience with Fieldtrip and/or FSL and/or SPM
• High level analytical capability
• Extensive experience with experimental design and statistical analysis.
• Strong academic writing skills (academic paper(s) published or submitted)
• Strong academic presentations skills (poster or oral presentation)
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly
• Understanding of and ability to contribute to public engagement activities
• Strong organisation and time-management skills
• Contribute to the planning and organising of the research programme and/or specific research project
• Strong teamwork skills, e.g. co-ordinate own work with others
• Interest in language and bilingualism
• Interest in cognitive psychology and executive functions
• Supervision experience (BA, masters, research assistants) desirable
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
Salary: Grade 7. Please note this post is aligned to external funding and therefore the salary on offer is up to a maximum of £31,604 only.
Additional Information: Informal enquiries to Andrea Krott - email@example.com
Full post description: https://goo.gl/HNA2bJ
Copyright © All Rights Reserved